Overwhelmed and worried about the future? Ten steps to a more compassionate life - 4/1/19

Only the courageous can choose compassion. Only the brave can witness within themselves their ego’s demands, consistently breaking open the deeper places of love. I believe in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another, even as I see the fear that makes me tremble, so small of heart. I touch the anguish of the world, knowing it is no different from the love I insist on holding back from the person nearest me.

We can overcome the evils of the world only with the courageous choice by which we, as Jesus, would give our life for our brother beside us, in small decisions that choose compassion over cruelty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw Yourself upon the Resources of God - 10/14/20

When You Wonder How the Pieces Fit Together: A Midlife Reflection - 4/28/21