Venerable Mother Thecla Merlo’s Secrets to Holiness - 6/17/19

“This year, with the grace of God, I want to grow in holiness. I want to become a great saint and I want to do this quickly! By myself I can do nothing, but with God I can do all things.”
Spiritual Notes 01.01.1927
Mother Thecla's secrets for the spiritual journey include: Have great desires, be aware of your need for the Lord, yearn for the will of God,  remember heaven, open your heart to the world, take Mary as your guide, believe that God embraces your nothingness.
Mother Thecla is the Co-Foundress of the Daughters of St Paul. Mother Thecla Merlo was a contemplative in action; a simple soul who knew her place before God and with her fellow sisters
Her life was one of continuous adhesion to the will of God We know, however, peak moments which showed the spiritual evolution that was taking place.


If you're wondering if you could get some help along the spiritual path but aren't really interested in committing to one-on-one spiritual accompaniment, you should check out my Patreon membership. 
If you want to explore more, from as little as $2 per month my valued Patreon friends develop their relationship with God through:
  • over 50+ audio and video programs and guides on spirituality and prayer,
  • my very popular Journalling Sheets created for each month
  • monthly HeartWork Exercise Guides
  • weekly new podcasts
Maybe you never heard of Patreon before? Worried about whether you could find yourself around?
Patreon helps fund writers and artists by letting supporters become patrons. The artist sets goals: what they will do with the pledged money. And the patrons pledge a monthly amount--in our case: $2, $4, $8 or $22. You choose your contribution. In return, you get rewards - and lots of them!
I hope to see you around!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Live without Masks - 11/4/18

Jesus meets us at our charcoal fires - 4/14/21