Setting the new year on a solid foundation--not resolutions! - 1/6/20

January is the time when we think about resolutions for the new year, for a new me. By this time the regular spate of articles debating the worth of making resolutions has just about ended. What I want to offer you are four conversations about setting a solid foundation to a new year, a foundation that focuses on practices for the present rather than resolutions for the ideal future image we have of ourselves. We discuss why resolutions sometimes don’t work, and I share my four criteria for effective resolutions.

During this month we will be sharing in the podcast some effective practices I’ve started and how they have made a difference almost immediately in my live. And we’ll explore new perspectives from poets, authors and saints that will help us retain the newness of the New Year.

Enjoy this conversation between Jeannette and I. Welcome to the New Year 2020. May it be filled with much grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw Yourself upon the Resources of God - 10/14/20

When You Wonder How the Pieces Fit Together: A Midlife Reflection - 4/28/21