How not to become an "injustice collector" - 7/28/20

I’m almost 57. Fifty seven years of people, situations, issues, reaction, desires, disappointment, dreams, loves….This year on my birthday, I’m making the resolution to “not look back.”

To not look back at disappointment.

To not look back at rejection.

To not look back at loss.

Of course, looking back is important to do at times. I actually began to rediscover parts of my life during the imposed solitude of the pandemic that I hadn’t taken the time to integrate precisely because I hadn’t looked back. I needed to take the time to “connect the psychological-emotional-spiritual dots” between what I had experienced and lived through and what I was still carrying today in my heart and mind.

Making the connections is important. By making connections we can surrender to God what he has helped us recognize. We can let it go. We can understand it more deeply, even recognize where we may have been mistaken in our perception of what happened....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throw Yourself upon the Resources of God - 10/14/20

When You Wonder How the Pieces Fit Together: A Midlife Reflection - 4/28/21